Dear RCHS Friends and Supporters,
In light of the recent and ongoing concerns about COVID-19, the Rutland County Humane Society will implement new procedures to ensure the safety and well being of our staff, volunteers, adopters, supporters and the public.
- The Adoption Center will be closed for general visiting with the animals
- Appointments will need to be made to adopt or visit an animal
- Appointments will need to be made to surrender an owned animal
- Stray animals are welcome any day, but please call ahead and let us know you are coming
- Please refrain from dropping off donations of items at the shelter
We have been, and will continue to, use the appropriate cleaning guidelines so our staff can safely care for the animals at RCHS and themselves
Please note,”At this time, experts have not expressed concern about transmission to or from animals. Multiple international health organizations have indicated that pets and other domestic animals are not considered at risk for contracting COVID-19. No animals in the United States have been identified with the virus, and there is no evidence that dogs or other pets can contract or spread COVID-19″ – CDC
Please call us at 802.483.6700 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
We appreciate your support and understanding during this time as we do what is best for everyone in our community.
All our best,