Animal Care and Adoptions Associate
The Rutland County Humane Society (RCHS) is looking for energetic, hard working, detail oriented individuals to join our team as an Animal Care and Adoptions Associates. The position includes daily caring of the animals in the shelter as well as working with potential adopters and other visitors in our Adoption Center. We are looking for people who have animal care and customer care experience, good oral and written communication skills, computer skills, attention to detail, the ability to work in a fast paced environment and the ability to multi task and work on a team.
The position includes:
- Daily feeding, walking and socializing our resident animals
- Keeping animal housing and maintenance areas clean and organized
- Greeting potential adopters and other visitors to the Adoption Center
- Implementing and completing the adoption process
- Answering telephones, scheduling appointments for spay/neuter appointments etc.
Candidates must be 18 years old or older, be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and have reliable transportation. It is a flexible schedule but may include weekends and holidays. The position is part-time, 8 hours a day up to 4 days a week.
Starting pay rate is $12 per hour.
Interested candidates should come to the shelter between 12 and 5 Tuesday through Saturday to apply. Please bring a resume or other documents showing education and experience, and be prepared for a short preliminary interview.