Pints for Pets Homebrewers Competition
Ault Commercial Realty Sabbeth Law, PLLC
Speedi Lube VMS Construction
This is a friendly competition to raise money
for the homeless animals of Rutland County.
Please have fun!
All entries submitted before September 30th will receive a t-shirt. One per person.
Homebrew registration begins at 10:30 am on October 20th at 'The Pit.'
Judging will be held from 11:30 am to 1 pm.
Top VT brewers will be evaluating these beers.
Pints For Pets Homebrewers Competition Rules and Regulations
- All entrants must be 21 years of age or older.
- All entries must be home made for private non-commercial use.
- All entries must be beers that Rutland Beer Works can reproduce on a commercial scale. Special ingredients, prolonged aging, unique fermentation practices, etc. might inhibit chances of winning due to logistical/time constraints.
- We require 12 bottles per entry (regardless of size, 12 oz preferred).
- All entries must be hand delivered to the judges on October 20th by 11:30 am
- Each bottle must be properly labeled using the sample labels provided on this form.
- Please include your name, phone number, and categories you have entered. and be sure to affix labels to bottles with waterproof tape. Clear packing tape works great!
- Bottles must be free of any other labels, brewery information, or logos. All entries become the property of Rutland Beer Works and will not be returned. Any questions or disputes will be settled by the competition organizers, and all decisions are final.
- Please follow the 2018 Brewers Association’s Beer Style Guidelines when entering your beer.
Judges will be using ONLY these guidelines to evaluate each beer. A list of those guidelines is available here.
Note that this is NOT a BJCP sanctioned contest and no score sheets will be returned.
- $30.00 per entry. You may enter up to 3 beers.
- $35.00 per entry after September 30th.
- 100% of the proceeds go to helping the homeless animals of Rutland County.
Judge's Choice: There will be one winner chosen by the top judges of VT as the best of show. The winner will get the opportunity to spend the day brewing their recipe at Rutland Beer Works, on their 20 bbl (700 gallon system). The winning beer will be canned and sold in 4-packs with 100% of the proceeds going to to RCHS.
Crowd Favorite: General admission ticket purchasers will get the opportunity to taste and vote on their favorite beer. The winner will be determined by the most votes. There will be a prize for this winner.
Dog Policy: Due to safety reasons please no dogs. Thank you for your understanding.