The Executive Director is responsible for furthering the mission of the Agency through day to day management of Agency affairs under direction from the Board of Directors.
Duties and responsibilities
- Works to maintain fiscal health and grow the Agency resources including expansion of current planned giving initiatives and management of current fund raising campaigns. The successful candidate will have the ability to leverage Board of Director and donor relationships to garner new revenue opportunities. Grant writing is required.
- Supervises direct report staff and manages HR functions.
- Promotes the mission and the Agency by maintaining an active presence within the community and by being an ambassador for the Agency and the cause of animal welfare. The Executive Director will maintain strong community contacts with government officials, other humane agencies, civic groups, organizations and the media and be the spokesperson for the Agency.
- Responsible for attending monthly Board of Directors meetings and keeps the board informed about Agency matters.
- Develops an annual budget, monitors and reports financial activity, and ensures accuracy and efficiency of Agency systems for administrative matters.
- Ensures that the Agency is compliant with local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Manages active animal abuse reports and assists law enforcement with investigations.
- Manages Agency property including maintenance of building and grounds.
- Animal welfare experience preferred and a commitment to the welfare of animals is required
- Non-profit fund development
- Human resource management, strong leadership and supervisory skills required
- Working knowledge of Rutland County to include economics, major businesses, organizations and community needs
- Previous experience working with an engaged Board of Directors
- Flexibility while maintaining a positive attitude is required
This job requires the ability to work with animals and staff in a challenging environment. Stress levels and emotions can run high due to the nature of the work and the need for a strong and calm personality is inherent to the job. The successful candidate will have the ability to prioritize and transition from responding to a shelter emergency to presenting to the Board of Directors or a community group within a short time span.
Click here for the job description.